Welcome to Warren County

Warren County Clerk and Recorder
100 W. Broadway
recorder 309-734-8592 and election 309-734-4612
Monmouth, IL 61462
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


Tina Conard
   Warren County Clerk and Recorder
   Tina was elected into office in 2002. Since being elected she has implemented 2 new voting systems, updated the recording system and various other improvements to the County Clerk/Recorder's office. Tina has worked in the office for 28 years so her experience is key and she relys on the expertice of her employees.
   contact info


The Warren County Clerks Office is located on the east side of the 2nd floor of the courthouse. The recorders office is south or Right off the elevator and the election office North or Left off the elevator.


Birth, Death, and Marriage Records
Marriage License information
Assumed name for business
Fireworks permits
Notary applications
Voter registration
Voting centers
Becoming an election judge
Absentee voting
Redeeming delinquent property taxes
Recording a document
County liquor license
Our vital records, with the exception of marriage records, start in 1877. Records were not required to be filed in 1916, therefore we may or may not have the record you requested. The State of Illinois have specific requirements for obtaining genealogy records.
BIRTH: Records are open to the public that are 75 years or older
MARRIAGE: Records are open 50 years or older. We are missing original licenses from 1868 to 1878, however index pages are available for copy. The names of parents do not appear on the record until 1878.
DEATH: Records are open to the public that are 20 years or older. The names of parents do not appear on the records until 1910.
LAND Records: If the land was not "owned" by the person we will not have any record of that person living there. We only have records of land owners. IT helps to know addresses OR quarter sections in Townships, lots and blocks in Towns.
You may email questions or requests. The required fee will be replyed and requested before the request is completed.
You can also contact the Warren County Genealogical Society at PO Box 761, Monmouth, IL 61462 for research assistance.

Paying for Warren County Vital Records Online:
The Warren County Clerk and Recorder's Office offers a payment option through E-Pay to pay for vital records over the Internet using a Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express:
1. Log on to the www.illinoisepay.com  website.
2. Enter “Warren County Clerk” in the search box, and click the search button.
3. Click on the link to the “Warren County Clerk's Office E-Pay site”.
4. Click on the vital record you would like to pay for near the bottom of the page.
5. Fill in the payment information as prompted.
6. Receive a payment confirmation number for your records.
There will be a convenience fee charge for using this system. A full convenience fee disclosure statement is available at: www.illinoisepay.com .
(The E-Pay program is administered by Illinois State Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias. Paid for by the Illinois Funds.)

Copy and paste this in your browser to search property in Warren County, Illinois. You will not get an image of a document.


Recording land records
Filing birth, death, and marriage certificates
Issuing marriage licenses, fireworks permits, certified copies of birth, death, and marriage records
Voter registration
Elections authority
Collecting delinquent property taxes
Employees’ payroll
County accounts payable
Extension of property tax
….and much more.



Frequently Asked Questions


Q: Can I search land records online?

A: Yes. you can go to https://Tapestry.fidlar.com and search at a fee per name search and images can be printed. Plats have limited images. OR you can go to http://il4laredo.fidlar.com/ILWarren/DirectSearch/Default.aspx for a free search. There are NO document images.

Q: How do I apply for a Marriage License or a Civil Union License?

A: You must be getting married or unionized in Warren County. Both the bride and groom or parties must be present to apply, and you must be at least 18 years old. You will be asked a series of questions and will sign an application. The fee is $50.00 CASH ONLY. You may apply anytime during business hours, at least 1 day before the wedding or ceremony OR no more than 60 days before the wedding or ceremony.

Q: I want to get married or unionized by a judge. How do I do that?

A: Schedule an appointment with the Circuit Clerk’s office by calling

Q: Is there a certain time when we can apply for a marriage license?

A: You must apply at least 1 day before and no more than 60 days before you get married. You do not need to make an appointment for the application process.

Q: Are blood tests required?

A: No.

Q: What kind of information do we need to bring?

A: -- Parents full names, including mother’s maiden names,the state where your parents were born, the city and state where your parents are living currently. If you or your fiancé have been previously married, we need to know the month and year, county and state where the marriage ended, whether by divorce or by death.

Q: I have a friend who wants to perform the wedding who is a minister, but not from a church in Warren County. Is that possible?

A: Warren County does not have any regulations on who can or cannot officiate a marriage. As long as the person is recognized by an organized church as a minister, he or she can legally perform the service.

Q: How do I obtain a certified copy of a marriage, birth or death certificate?

A: There are 3 ways: (1)come into the office in person we will ask you to fill out a form and we will need to see a photo ID. (2)Mail a letter to our office. Please list date of event, parents full names (mother’s maiden names), and full name of the person on the record and a photo copy of picture I.D 3) Order the record from the Illinois Treasurer's website www.illinoisepay.com  Type in Warren County. Choose County Clerk/Recorder. Complete the fields and prompts. Print off the "confirmation page" and fax to our office 309-734-7406 along with a photo I.D. Record will be mailed as soon as we receive the fax.

Q: How much does it cost?

A: Birth and Marriage = $10.00 1st Copy
$5.00 each additional copy

Death = $12.00 1st Copy
$7.00 each additional copy.

Q: Can my spouse pick up my birth certificate?

A: NO. The only people who are allowed to obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate are: the person named on the birth certificate if he/she is at least 18 years old, a parent who is named on the certificate, a legal guardian (must show proof), or a legal representative

Q: What if I don’t have an I.D. to show you?

A: Other acceptable forms of Identification are: (must provide 2 forms) State issued photo ID, Social Security Card, Paycheck Stub, Checking Account,Utility Bills,Voters Registration Card, Vehicle Registration,Insurance Card

Q: Can I get just a photocopy of my birth certificate?

A: We can only give out uncertified copies of a birth certificate if the record is older than 75 years, uncertified copies of a marriage license that is more than 50 years old, and uncertified copies of death certificates that are more than 20 years old.

Q: Do you charge a search fee for genealogical searches?

A: No.

Q: What are your fees for genealogy records?

A: $.50 per page copied.

Copyright © 2005 Warren County